Skip to content
Commandments of Lifting
- Stay humble. Check your ego at the door. If you’re not failing often, you’re not trying hard enough.
- Remain consistent in effort and intensity. Half-ass efforts yield half-ass results. Challenge your limits.
- Never ignore basic, compound lifts: Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Pull Ups.
- Proper nutrition and diet is key to success. Stay hydrated during training.
- Proper rest and sleep is key to muscle growth.
- Always lift heavy.
- Always warm-up before exercising and stretch after exercising.
- Never skip cardio.
- Focus on proper form (quality) vs quantity of reps
- Never quit. Never say “I can’t”. Always be hungry, motivated, and mentally focused.
- Vary exercises and routines often. Never get complacent or let your workouts become stagnant.
- Keep a log of your progress.
- Motivate, support, encourage, and respect others.
- Never be afraid to ask others for a spot.
- Always re-rack equipment and weights after use.
- Ignore the scale. Measure your success by how you look and feel.